<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Lottery Go Home 

Locally here they run several lotteries giving away homes. At one time it was a once a year event. Now several times a year has become the new normal.

 

Tickets run a hundred each, and sometimes I would participate if I was in the mood and funds were available.

 

 

Home Saturated

I believe because of the increase in frequency, maybe these home lotteries are not as popular as they used to be. Either that or they have become so successful their advertising budgets have increased.

 

Why do I say this? Let me explain.

 

 

Home Spam

Every second day I get an email suggesting strongly I should buy a ticket before they run out.

 

Every time I turn on the TV there’s the advertisement with the same information. “Better hurry they are 80% gone”. Then 90% gone.  Then the next one that was run multiple times said they are 70% gone. Huh?  Then 90% gone again.

 

The icing on the cake as they say, came when I suddenly received a text with all that 90% bull-loney, saying I should text ‘stop’ to “000-1234” if I don’t want any more similar messages.

(I sent a text that said a little more than stop!)

 

 

Money Saved

It is my opinion home lottery has become the biggest spammer I know of. I will spend my money elsewhere.



Geo OneDayLogo
  • Creative Commons License
    This work by NSCAVE is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
  • Comments:

    Post a Comment

    What's your take? Agree? Disagree? Comment!

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?