<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, January 23, 2014

The Guide 

I'm not a fan of regular television. Too many ads, too many programs with the same theme, too many ... OK we won't get into that.

 

 

How can you tell what’s on anyway?

 

 

Oh yeah the guide!

 

 

tvGUIDE

 

That endless list of channels that go on and on. Some you get, some you don't.

 

 

Why can't they list just the channels I subscribe to? Or put a check mark by the ones I get. Or have my subscribed channels in a different colour.

 

 

I know they can - because they know which ones to charge me for.

 

 

It goes like this:

 

 

There's a program that I know is on. I just don't know the time.

 

 

So I scroll. Up! Down!  Nope, not there

 

 

Oh yeah, back to the start. Scroll sideways. Up! Down!

 

 

Still not there.

 

 

I know its on. Let's try it again. Up! Down! Sideways! Back!

 

 

Oh, there it is. It was there all along. In between the sports and movie channels.

 

 

Just after the regular channels, in the digital package, just before the French channels.

 

 

So I found my program, finally. "Watch This Channel In HD?"

 

 

Of course, that's what I pay for. 'Click!'

 

 

"Thank you for watching. We hope you will join us next week."

 

 

"Huh...? "

 

 

Nothing like an hour of TV watching - - - The Guide!



Geo OneDayLogo
  • Creative Commons License
    This work by NSCAVE is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
  • Comments:

    Post a Comment

    What's your take? Agree? Disagree? Comment!

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?