<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Don’t Break The Mouse Rule 

Do not use the Forward and Back keys. Use only the mouse for completing this survey.

 

 

That's what it says for many of surveys I fill out. Often there's even a warning to follow that procedure or it will mess up or cause the survey to end prematurely.

 

 

Record Your Response

Then the first thing you know, you come to a box that says "record your response." Here you must type in your answer using words of your own composition.  With a mouse??

 

 

This will be followed by some fill in the dots responses and before long you will have another question saying "list your examples," and  a row of horizontal boxes to again type in your answers.

 

 

Use The Mouse Fill In The Box

 

This is hard on us keyboard types. Don't use the keys, use the mouse the survey instructs.

 

 

But 30 or 40 percent of the questions require a typed in answer using the keyboard.

 

 

I suppose technically you could use the 'on screen' keyboard with the mouse, but I am not about to participate in that act, not for points. You have to pay me by the hour for that.

 

 

I Promise Honest

 

Oh, did I mention, one of the surveys I am thinking about starts out: "I promise to answer this survey accurately and honestly, following all instructions."

 

 

I suppose that would include using the mouse, and not the keyboard.



Geo OneDayLogo
  • Creative Commons License
    This work by NSCAVE is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
  • Comments:

    Post a Comment

    What's your take? Agree? Disagree? Comment!

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?