<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, March 09, 2019

My Pet Bird 

My Pet Bird

Yes I said that. “My Pet Bird!”

It started last fall. This one single by itself little sparrow type bird started hanging out around the front of our house.


It is there every morning, and returns every afternoon and evening. It looked thin and hungary, and it mostly walked, rarely flying.


Always alone, by itself never with any other birds.


Explanation To The Neighbours


I am sure a few of the neighbours wondered what I have been doing, sliding out early in the morning with a small container, and reversing the procedure bringing the container in at night. This routine has been going on for months.


You see, there are some other long tailed furry friends in the neighbourhood as well (rats), and I have no intention of nourishing them.


Big Bird Buddy


Well throughout the winter my friend has appeared nearly every day at the same times. This includes during rain, sleet, snow and extremely high wind.


It eats – a lot, walks around under the car and van in the driveway and scoots out of the way if anyone suddenly appears. I have a feeling it lives under a small bush nearby and I am amazed it has survived the extreme cold of winter.


It has now grown quite big and looks healthy. It also flies a bit now, although never higher than four feet off the ground.


Who knew I would ever say “Click Here To See My Bird!”


Geo OneDayLogo
  • Creative Commons License
    This work by NSCAVE is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
  • Comments:

    Post a Comment

    What's your take? Agree? Disagree? Comment!

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?