<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, September 26, 2011

Responsible Dog Owners 

Is there any such thing?             DogsWaging

Now before you loyal dog owners get upset with me, hear me out. Throughout this summer at my home location the media has had numerous stories regarding dog owners.

Stories of dog owners not cleaning up after their pets being quite common. Dogs running off leash in public areas gathered some attention. The most upsetting stories about dogs this summer were those where people, including small children were bitten by dogs on the loose. In many cases the owners were present or near by when the incident occurred.

Ask any driver if they are a good driver, and most likely they will say yes, and point out examples of other bad drivers.

Ask any dog owner about responsible dog owners, and they are always responsible. It's other dog owners that don't meet the criteria.

However to answer the question at the beginning of this post, here are my observations.

It goes along with that saying, "If a tree falls in the forest and there is no one there, does it make a noise."

There are responsible dog owners - if someone is there, watching.

If no one is there, (or the owner thinks no one is around), then many will cheat a little, or a lot.

Whether it be clean up, running off leash, or whatever, I've watched more than one responsible dog owner avoid the obvious.

When confronted, I've seen owners get angry and call others names, and I've seen pickup bags suddenly appear where there didn't seem to be any before.

Please understand, I like dogs, I was an owner myself a few years ago, until 15 year old Sam had to be put down. To this day I still miss him.

I don't blame the dogs at all, for it is almost impossible for them to train humans to do what they are supposed to do.

Kind of one sided isn't it.



Geo OneDayLogo
  • Creative Commons License
    This work by NSCAVE is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
  • Comments:

    Post a Comment

    What's your take? Agree? Disagree? Comment!

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?