<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Seven & Network 

Once again it has been some time since RoseGarden was published. The last was our upgrade to Windows 7 below. Like most users, the more I use Windows 7 the more I like it.

Pin To Taskbar

At first I thought pinning programs to the taskbar was a gimmick akin to animations and other eye candy. Now after using it for some time I have all my most used programs pinned to the taskbar. It is a very useful addition, certainly way ahead of the old quick launch tool bar.

Win Key +

I also particularly like some keyboard shortcuts that I found with the help of others via Google and some of the regular newsletters I get. For example, with two monitors the Win Key + Shift + Left or Right arrow keys quickly zap the program from one monitor to the other. Previously I had to use a third party software program to do this efficiently.

The Win Key + up or down arrow keys maximize and minimize the active window in the blink of an eye. Win Key + Left or Right arrow keys move the active program to the left or right side of the screen, using exactly half of it. Very handy and easy to put two programs side by side equally.

I keep finding more things to like about Windows 7, and as time goes on I will keep this page updated with things I like the most.


D-Link Powerline Network

I have installed and set up home wired networks, and have installed and set up numerous wireless home networks. I gained a lot of knowledge troubleshooting and setting these securely so they would make internet access easy and transparent for their owners, yet secure and safe.

There is another type of network in the picture that is awfully close to the wired system in terms of speed and security. So far it has been the easiest of all home network systems to set up. Speed is close to a wired system. You still need a router as the main source, but nothing is easier to set up.  I have outlined my initial experience with the D-Link Powerline Network here, and will also update this page as long term usage takes place.


Get It Back

This is an old one, but remember, if you are doing something on your computer and it disappears, whether it is filling out a form, writing an email or making an adjustment to a picture, CTRL+Z will often bring it back.



Geo OneDayLogo
  • Creative Commons License
    This work by NSCAVE is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
  • Comments:

    Post a Comment

    What's your take? Agree? Disagree? Comment!

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?