<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Eat out–way out 

hungry2My theory of eating

I'm different - I don't like eating out. No restaurants, no fast foods, no social gatherings if food is involved.

That's weird right? Most people can't wait to go somewhere for lunch, dinner or whatever banquet pops up.

I don't like exotic spicy tangy sticky stringy foods. I am a meat and potatoes type of person, as plain as you can get, no coleslaw, no tartar sauce, no dip, no frills.

History

I grew up on a farm. Food was plentiful, all kinds of it. I was never forced to eat anything I didn't care for.

As life went on I found eating to be something you had to do to survive. At times, to me, it was a royal pain. Here's why. You would be busy doing something when you got that call: "Dinner's ready!" So you had to drop what you were doing and take time to eat.

After eating you got groggy and didn't feel very ambitious for an hour or more. Finally you get back at what you were doing. Then the call again: "Supper time!" (You can see how long the grog was.)

Another interruption from what you were doing. No wonder some jobs take days instead of hours.

I am not going to mention anything about the business people that take an hour lunch that lasts two and a half hours. Full days work for a full days pay.


I'm Sticking To It

I made up my mind at an early age that I am not going to eat anything I don't like, no matter what.

And, I am not going to eat anything I don't like the look of, or don't like the smell of.

Try It You'll Like It

I've heard that so often, now I just block it out. Why do I need to try something that someone else likes or thinks is good? I don't want anything new, and if I do it will be when I think its right, not at your fancy meal where I can't barf it into the plant if I don't like it.  Sick1200

Think about it. If at someone else's urging, you try something new at a group gathering and you don't like it, you are forced to swallow it and like it whether you do or not.

Eating Out Roadmap

Eating out usually goes something like this. A joint - sorry a place, is chosen. It doesn't matter where it is. If it has a fancy sounding name that has been bantered about, its in.

One or more of the following things usually happen.
You get there and hopefully find a parking spot near by. Remember the best easting places have the least amount of parking spaces.
P.S. a lot of trucks outside doesn't mean its a good eating place. It means they have a huge lot big enough to park trucks.
Inside the door you wait, and wait, and wait to be seated. If you are lucky, you will get a normal table with chairs. Or you may end up with a booth for four to hold the six of you. If its really your lucky day, you could end up with chairs six feet off the floor at one of those tower tables. No ladders for short people, and tall people can jump down. Feel the breeze?
There may be multiple flat screen TVs, with a different program on each one. You always face the program you don't like.
Many places supply music that will always be so loud you can't hear the waitress, or each other, with the tone of a cheap transistor radio from the sixties. Or was that the fifties?
You will smile and pretend to talk to each other about nothing that has any importance, because you can't hear each other, and marvel at how good the food is, whether it is or not. (Notice how dim the lights are? Candle light dinner my foot.)

Wind Up

So here's my take on the situation of eating out.  Why go to a restaurant and pay twenty five times as much, for something you don't like, and have to hear music so loud you can't hear the conversations of the person next to you, and may end up getting high by sitting on a six foot high chair?

Who needs that when I can go to the fridge, grab a slice of turkey, butter, and a couple slices of bread on the way by the cupboard, assemble it, down it, with a splash of soft drink, burp, far... better and - I control the volume of the music.



Geo OneDayLogo
  • Creative Commons License
    This work by NSCAVE is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
  • Comments:

    Post a Comment

    What's your take? Agree? Disagree? Comment!

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?