<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Under The Bus 


This article was published by my friend on 02 March 2019. I asked and received permission to re-post it here, since it is a subject on which I have the same view and firmly agree with Fred.


Guest Post by Frederick Lawrence Bushor


Like many of you, there are a number of things in the news today that I find irksome. So what. There is one I want to mention here. A Liberal MP, Bob Nault, apparently said the Mexican government threw Canada "Under the bus" when they made a deal with the U.S. government.


Now, I've heard this phrase used about three or four times in the media this past week or so. A CBC reporter, Chantal Hebert on CBC news and now an M.P. .


Here's what this phrase means to me. If you want to hurt someone, throw them "Under the bus".


Why? Because bus drivers don't pay attention to their driving?  Because they can't stop in time when braking suddenly? Why not say "Throw them under the train"? It takes a lot longer to stop a train. Why not, "Throw them under the taxi"? Or, how about, "Throw them under the Member of Parliament's staff car"?


Bus drivers get a bad rap. Sometimes it's deserved.


Most times it isn't . And I'd just like to see the use of the phrase,  " Throw / threw them under the bus" put to rest. Maybe try saying someone was abandoned , cast aside, deserted or rejected. 


But, I'd like to see the media stop crapping on bus drivers.


A-h-h-h-h.  That feels better.  G'nite.


My Comment

My last career before retirement was Training Officer for the local transit company. Each and every bus driver out there has a unique specialized job with a ‘clamity’ value that is equal to a junior aircraft captain!


(Clamity is defined as: an event causing great and often sudden damage or distress; a disaster – in the case of a bus operator, the number of things requiring the mind’s attention at any given time.)


Isn't that statement discriminatory or politically incorrect these days? Everything else is! I hate it when I hear it - always did.


Geo OneDayLogo
  • Creative Commons License
    This work by NSCAVE is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
  • Comments:

    Post a Comment

    What's your take? Agree? Disagree? Comment!

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?