<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, April 21, 2019

Get Fast Service–Unintentionally 

US Money


We used to spend winters in Florida but due to personal reasons we were unable to do that this past season.


Therefore we had some American money around that I felt should be deposited before it got displaced or lost.


To A Local Bank


So the money is placed in a long white envelope, along with a US cheque that needed to be deposited also.


And I head off to my local bank.


It was cool that day, so I wear a heavy green, almost black colour jacket.


Good Day Sir!


As I entered the bank I almost missed the receptionist saying, “Good afternoon, how are you?”


I guess my mind was else where.


After about four steps past her area, I turned, smiled and said: “Oh, Good Afternoon!”


Line Up


There was one lady in front of me, one gentleman behind me, awaiting our turn at one of the three tellers.


I hadn’t been in that bank for over a year and was looking around, noticing overhead some big black new style security cameras. As my gaze followed along the ceiling around the room I was thinking, those are different, there’s a lot of them.


In the meantime the lady in front of me moves to an available teller.


I reach inside my jacket with my right hand and pull out the long white envelope with the US money inside.


Action


As I did that I see one of the tellers look up quickly, then back to what she was doing.


I also see the manager come out of his office and go quickly behind the counter being particularly busy for a few moments with also a few quick glances in my direction.


Shortly thereafter he heads straight to my position and with a smile, asks: “You have been waiting a long time Sir. What brings you in to see us today?”


“I have a bunch of American money I need to deposit,” I say, holding up the white envelope.


Come With Me


“Come right over here with me,” he says, “I can do that for you. The tellers are very busy today and things are taking a long time.”


We introduce each other, and begin a chat as he does what I came in to do. I explain I have the money on hand because we usually go to Florida in winter, but couldn’t this year.


He counters with the fact he had just returned from a vacation in Mexico, and had the tan to prove it. He was a nicest person you could ever meet.


My mission for going there was soon complete, bills checked for authenticity, cheque verified, deposited, and I was on my way.


Conclusion


Normally I would have taken the envelope out of my jacket pocket before I entered the bank. That day I didn’t.


As I headed back to my vehicle, I couldn’t help thinking how sad it is that society has become so different today.


Then again how professional everything was.  I may be wrong in my assumption, but when I thought about it after the sequence started, I was reminded of one of my mother’s sayings, “You started something didn’t you!”


Geo OneDayLogo
  • Creative Commons License
    This work by NSCAVE is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
  • Comments:

    Post a Comment

    What's your take? Agree? Disagree? Comment!

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?