<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, May 30, 2011

The Last Box 

They tell me I am still in the last box.

Telephone Survey

Telephone rings, this dude says he is doing a survey on radio stations and my number has been selected at random for their research survey. Do I have time for a few questions. “I have a few minutes,” I say.

He starts by asking my age group, 15 – 23, 25 – 45, (they don’t do two fours),  45 – 55, and  55 plus. As soon as I say plus, he says: “We have reached our quota in that age group, this is the end of the interview.”

So here I am in the last box. No one cares if I listen to the radio, or at least they don’t give a hoot about my opinion. Maybe they figure I won’t be listening long anyway.

Online Surveys

I do a few online surveys regularly, some offer compensation, some do not. Three times this week, three times, I have begun to fill out surveys on various topics, and that question again. ‘Please select your age group.’ As soon as I select over 55, same result: We have reached our quota in that age group. Please take part in some of our other surveys.

So again, here I am in the last box.

 Retire Will You

This is a lot like retiring from a job you have done for years and years. The clan respects you, tells you you are great, but the signs indicate it is time for a change. Hurry up and get out of here, you’ve earned it, you are in the last box.

The Last Box

However the real last box is not here yet. I hope that can be true for a few years yet. I told you before I am busy, and I have a lot of things to do yet.

Here’s to the last box.       drink



Geo OneDayLogo
  • Creative Commons License
    This work by NSCAVE is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
  • Comments:

    Post a Comment

    What's your take? Agree? Disagree? Comment!

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?