<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Our Media Is Smarter Than My Spell Checker–Or Not! 


Under The Bus

Not long ago a couple of us discussed our feelings on one of the media’s favourite sayings “Under The Bus,” a term not very favourable to those who work in the transit transportation industry.



Our Media Is Full Of It

Well I didn’t mean exactly that, but here are some saying I’ve picked up from our local media recently.

To you, the meaning may be perfectly clear. To me not so much!



“Slowing Traffic To A Standstill”

I would really like to know if traffic is at a standstill, how can it be slow.

Conversely if traffic is slow, how can it be at a standstill if its still moving?



“Earlier  Ago”

Not totally improper I suppose, but I would just like to know if it happened earlier, or a long time ago.

Even Google was vague about this one to a certain extent.



“Temperature Is Getting Colder – Blame It On Global Warming!”

Well I can easily see where we are going with this one correct or not.

More taxes, plain and simple.



“If We’re Going To Have A Conversation About That It Should Be In The Conversation”

Back in my working days I had a course one time that focused on body language at meeting. How to tell whether a person is being upfront and honest or kind of stretching things a little.

No question here – politics, plain and simple!



“Sort Of On Standby”

Research on this one led to politics as well. All parties, several countries – more to come after the break!



All items in quotations were taken from recent TV newscasts.


Geo OneDayLogo
  • Creative Commons License
    This work by NSCAVE is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
  • Comments:

    Post a Comment

    What's your take? Agree? Disagree? Comment!

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?