<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, November 04, 2012

Whether Weather Forecasts Make Sense 

icon_rolleyes   I'm confused when I listen to our weather persons describing what to expect in the days to come.

 

They talk about pockets of rain. How do you get rain in your pockets? And if you do, how do you keep it there? Wouldn't that look like you didn't make it to a place your were hurrying to go?

 

Then there's the band of showers. I have been a listener to all kinds of music for many years, and my favourites are many. I even know the majority of music groups and bands except for hard rock, where there is a bit of a generation gap. But I've never heard of that Band of Showers.

 

Then they talk of a winter storm warning during the winter months. Isn't it just a storm warning?  I can figure its winter by the feel of the prickly legs of the long johns. Or to put it another way, I've never heard of a winter storm warning in summer or any other time of year.

 

Sometimes they describe stiff winds. How does wind get stiff? It goes around, through and over nearly everything. Its pretty flexible if you ask me. How can it be stiff?

 

And the jet stream. I see those streams all over the sky everywhere on clear days. Don't tell me they are making it hot or cold. They are far to high for that.

 

They even indicate when we are going to have a cold front. I don't know about you, but I can tell when I have a cold front, and when the front is cold, usually the back and other places are cold too.

 

Maybe the winter storm warnings jet stream brings stiff winds through a band of showers that fills my pockets with rain causing a cold front, I'm not sure.

 

By the way, I understand global warming, it makes the green screen invisible so we can see the weather map and they can't because they are looking at the monitors in order to be able to point at the invisible map that they can't see and we can.



Geo OneDayLogo
  • Creative Commons License
    This work by NSCAVE is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
  • Comments:

    Post a Comment

    What's your take? Agree? Disagree? Comment!

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?