<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Predictive Text 

Thumbs

I don't text much. My phone and I don't get along very well. It has a tiny slide out keyboard with the keys about one tenth the size of my thumbs.

 

 

Smart

Its not really a smart phone, but it thinks its smart. It thinks it knows what I want to say. It will complete words after I've only put in a couple letters. It completes the words in the blink of an eye, the wrong words.

 

It puts capitols where they shouldn't be. It ends and starts sentences in the middle of a sentence where the start of a sentence shouldn't be.

 

With all these things turned on, it will never allow me to write what I want to write. I understand these features are supposed to make texting faster. In my case it takes three times longer. In fact the other party will often send additional messages asking if I am still there.

 

 

 

Features

Here's eight features it has that can be turned on or off:

 

1) Predictive Text - it predicts, not the weather,  but not anything I have heard tell of.


2) Personal Dictionary - I'm glad it doesn't use this much. Not many of my words fit into a normal conversation while using this phone.

 

3) Auto Capitol - This sometimes works, although most of the time it puts capitols where they shouldn't be and where they should be, it doesn't.

 

4) Auto Space - I never park my car near the words, so I don't need this.

 

5) Word Choice List - It gives a list of words alright, words I never heard tell of, that have no connection whatsoever to what I'm talking about.


6) Word Prediction - This is like the first one, only when I see the word I want, by the time I scroll to it, all of them are gone.


7) Word Completion - This is real handy. I end up with more words that I haven't heard tell of, and don't dare to use in some cases.

 

 

My Words


8) Use My Words - Finally one teeny part I can use:     %^&(*) Phone!

 

 

I get along great with new technology and look forward to participating in it - except texting.



Geo OneDayLogo
  • Creative Commons License
    This work by NSCAVE is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
  • Comments:

    Post a Comment

    What's your take? Agree? Disagree? Comment!

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?