<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, November 09, 2012

Ads are better than the programs 

I don’t watch TV much anymore. There’s nothing I like other than NASCAR races. The same old talent programs don’t do it for me. The news gets so distorted depending on the station’s point of view that I can’t get into that anymore.

 

I thought once the elections were over things might perk up a little. We had local elections here and the US one going on, that’s all every station seemed to know about. Just because its over doesn’t mean much. Now they talk for months on who coulda shoulda won and why they lost, and how bad the elected ones are going to do.

 

So it comes down to the fact I like the advertisements better than any of the programs, and that is just wrong.

 

I like the Ocean Spray Cranberry guys in the middle of the bog acting like nothing but everything is wrong.

 

I like the Subway monkey smiles as he pops up in various places doing various things that no one but advertisers could imagine.

 

I used to enjoy some of the old ones too. Remember FedX?

 

Or the two old guys discussing banking hours and procedures is believable.

 

And the old A&W ones with the young guy always doing things wrong was right on.

 

I’m liking the ads better than the programs? Well “Shut the front door!”

 

“If you are not familiar with any of these advertisements, then your TV may be in a different location than mine.”



Geo OneDayLogo
  • Creative Commons License
    This work by NSCAVE is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
  • Comments:

    Post a Comment

    What's your take? Agree? Disagree? Comment!

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?